Dear Billionaire friend,



How much am I worth, to you?

Let me begin, from the time your ancestors had any idea of my existence. If you would ask me to narrate of how it was before me, I would stammer, rather fumble. Like the culture you have now, I was a product of the same civilization. I was subtly considered to be a prodigy. Many of your ancestors liked me for the immense potential I possess that, I never became less important even as years moved ahead. Few of my contemporaries flourished with me while a lot of them perished. Times came and flew like in a time-lapse that you humans enjoy watching now. I often feared my value diminishing, where-in, never a moment did that happen.

There were multiple instances when, I personally wished, if my value perished or cease to flourish for a moment. A written text that I have come across about your ancestors, probably the one you never knew, described their habit of taking what they wanted, leaving back what others deserve to have. Since the day, I have come across you or anyone from your clan, never have I seen someone doing the same about me. You have held me tight, tighter than you have to hold your bloodline or your dear ones. I should be thankful to you and off-course, I am.

Engraved with ornamental designs and never rusting clothes, I've survived through wars, battles and famine. Maybe, Captain America was there all the time. I never knew that until you associated his fame with me.

You must be wondering, why would I tell all this to you. Let me explain with your life, instances where you have valued me much more than what I deserved. You've taken me for a ride, you don't seem to care or think. And when I say, you. It is not just you, I would want you to share this with your clan, your race, your species. In fact, I am happy about my existence because no one hates me for being me, no one wants to let go of me even where I am irrelevant. The only other thing I have seen you gripping on is your obsession on self.

The previous day, I had a dream. Well, things like that happen only in a dream, that I easily realized. It went like this.

Somewhere uphill, On a fine day, I woke up looking at a dark shield coloured in green. Houses I've stayed in were usually black, brown or blue, I perplexed of where I have woke up. For a change, I couldn't feel your fingers, but I was picked up in groups. There were hundreds of them. I looked around and most were in surprise. We got acquainted and soon realized we are family. Our happiness was short-lived. I was forced to slide through a plastic surface on to a wooden table and we were now grouped in ten. At the farthest distance, I could see one of my family in another group. I looked up to find a huge magnifying concave lens staring at our group and behind that lens was a huge black ball with moon-like white in the background. As the lens got closer ten of us in our group hugged each other. I was so petrified that I could feel adrenaline rush at that same moment. 

Finally, I felt a soft skin touching me that had a maze-like fingerprint. I was not round in shape anymore, I had no engravings on me. From the reflection on his lens, I could find, I was no more multi-coloured. I was oval, thin, white and light. There was a strange sign kept next to me and surprisingly, I could read. It read. Rice. In front of me was a long queue of people who seemed to be waiting to pocket me. Ugh, same again in a new form, I thought to myself. Two minutes into the thought, we were counted down to 8. Two of my friends were gone. I became nervous. Even when I have wanted to be valued less, I wanted to be in groups. Alone, was never my wish. Each person carried one of us and I was with one such person. Never have I been with a person for more than a day, but here. I stayed with him for more than a year. Whenever he needed something, he would give away a part of me not so precisely cut. My size, shape or texture never mattered anymore, I was just for namesake. A part of me was sad for being so devalued. While I was more than happy to realize, a little of me was enough now. I survived with him until he gave away the last piece of me. The trust and happiness he had added were so immense. 

The short-lived happiness ended soon as I woke up back in your hand. I found you happy and I thought something has changed. I soon realized that was just a hangover of my dream and had nothing to do with your happiness. Like always, your happiness was me fondling your fingers. I was with a different person when there were millions of your people drowning in floods, many people were voluntarily rushing towards him and he flaunted me as a token of gratitude. I hushed myself helplessly resting in his palms. I was happy about those who valued his life more than me, two months since then, I was with one of them and that person kissed me after snatching it from his mother, leaving her cry, ridiculing my feelings for him. Two days later, I luckily ended up being with that mother who was trashed. And to pacify her son, she gave me to him voluntarily.  I have now come to terms, you value me much more than I value myself, which I do not deserve or wish for.


With love,
Money

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs