The truth that behold- A walk Back


#13

6.30 pm, read the lock screen of my mobile. I had totally lost contact with the real world and was living in the story that Steffi narrated to me. I never saw the sunset that evening. I could feel an aura within Steffi as I looked into her eyes, that shined like the water shining from moonlight. I gave her a hand for her to stand up and we walked back. Next day was her last in Kanyakumari and had prepared herself to resume work at the same office where she had to take a break from owing to marriage. Her brilliance had the reputation within the organization that helped her for this second innings. 


I quizzed her surprisingly as she said, the same office. 


" So what if Vivek comes back to you? aren't you preying yourself by doing this?" 


Steffi took a deep breath, stretching her arms to the air, as a soft sound of giggle escaped from her mouth before telling me this


" He now knows that he doesn't need me, he also knows I don't need him"


After listening to her nail-biting story and narration for more than two and a half hour, I felt proud of her for the way she had molded herself and come back in life. My one last question, I stressed.


Me: Are you so, now content with this trip, can you start everything fresh?


Steffi: I could have, but now I have a curious stranger to find.


I laughed as I stretched my arms for a good-bye shake hand. We felt like the entire universe is happy for us and there was only happiness in the air. Holding my hands for a shake-hand she asked my name. The moment was the happiest as I thought this meeting would go without her knowing my name, but I refrained to express. Instead, with a firm voice, I replied


" Goutham ", and you win this time, they lost.


Her smile narrowed as her handshake became firm. Her eyebrows raised in question. My heart froze until she reacted. I gathered back my senses and blurted out saying.


" I have known you for a long time now, I was the one that you feared to meet. Every time that I wanted to take it forward, it was your past that kept you away from me. I was happy to see you for the first time and I wanted to come next to you on that day. At that point in time, I knew you had your problems and I did not want to become one. I could not ignore you as another digital infatuation. I felt influenced in you and I wanted to sort things out for you. I stayed at a hands distance from you where ever you went. I made sure any person that you see influences you to get over your concerns. I wanted to break your comfort zones. Having all done, I wanted to know what exactly you had to go through. And now I have everything, everything that includes you as well, Steffi."


I do not know that if my story ends here or begins. I never waited for her to reply and so I do not know what she had to say, for me. 


Life is not all well when you decide your climax.

Love is all well when you decide your climax.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs